April 16, 2012, 07:01:53 pm
1) How did you get to know about Lumion? (word of mouth, video, forums, other?)
Promotional email from Quest 3D, Quest for me had amazing renderings, but interface was way beyond me.
2) Why did you eventually download and start to use Lumion? (what triggered you initially?)
The demo reel was amazing, I emailed link to a few people, they too were amazed.
3) Why do you still use Lumion, what makes it valuable to you? (specifics are interesting)
Simplicity, speed, amazing end results. It kind of makes me annoyed that all the time I wasted on geek generated software, that just took away years of time. Why has it taken so long to come up with this wonderfully simple elegant solution, ok technology is part of it, but games have had amazing GPU generated graphics for years.
Computer graphics has now come out of the geek cupboard, and is now available to artists.
4) What would you say, if you had tried Lumion Free and your boss/board was reluctant to buy it, what would be your argument to convince them to buy?
I would just quietly leave the firm and set up with Lumion on my own, actually I am reluctant for others to know how good this software is.
5) Are you a free user, Basic or Ultimate user?
Basic user, I buy plugins as required.