March 12, 2012, 11:55:06 am
Hi Big Shaka,
As Ferry said above, it could be caused by one or more corrupted models in the Library folder.
Here's how to find out which files are causing the problem:
01) Close Lumion.
02) Temporarily remove all the model files that are used in the scene that you are trying to open. They are located in Documents/Lumion 2/Library.
03) Then start Lumion and try to load your project again.
04) If it works, close Lumion again.
05) Move 50% of the models back to Documents/Lumion 2/Library.
06) Start Lumion and try to load the scene again.
07) If it works, copy another 50% of the remaining models to Documents/Lumion 2/Library.
08) Start Lumion and try to load the scene again.
09) If the error message appears, you know that the corrupted files must be among the models you just added. Remove 50% of the models you just added and restart Lumion.
10) Keep going until you find the model which is causing the error.
11) Zip and upload the up to 4 files of the model which is causing the error.
12) It may take some time for Ferry to find out why the file has become corrupted, so it's probably best to re-import the model, and add it to your scene again.