This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: reflection 'artifacts'  (Read 2975 times)

Member1699

reflection 'artifacts'
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:00 pm »
January 07, 2011, 05:48:00 pm
I am experiencing problems with renderings.  See the below image showing some red reflections which appear within reflective materials.  these red spots occur throughout various sun angles and from various view angles.  I am unaware of objects within the file which would create these red reflection.  any ideas?

reflection artifacts

Member1327

reflection 'artifacts'
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:03:41 pm »
January 07, 2011, 06:03:41 pm
I had similiar artifacts a little time ago. But they were disappeared after reopening and i couldn´t reproduce this bug. Ferry knows about.

I´ll attach a pic when i´m back in the office on monday.

And nice rendering that you created, btw.

Ferry

reflection 'artifacts'
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »
January 07, 2011, 06:13:27 pm
They are render artifacts that only exist because of some numbers the 3d card uses incorrectly. We don't know how to reproduce it but probably updating your driver might fix it.

reflection 'artifacts'
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »
January 07, 2011, 06:23:02 pm
Nice scene indeed! However, I noticed that the floor and wall textures look rather blurry. If they look different from your original scene, it's most likely because Lumion automatically reduces the texture resolution while importing if you have a lot if high-resolution textures in your scene.

Small tip:

If you have a graphics card with a lot of memory and you want to increase the amount of texture memory that Lumion allocates to a model when importing, try holding down CTRL when you click the Reload button (The green circular arrow in the Material section) Wink
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.