This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Question about Lumion 2.1 "Basic"  (Read 3116 times)

Member26865

Question about Lumion 2.1 "Basic"
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:45 pm »
February 16, 2012, 01:20:45 pm
Hi'

I'm hesitating between the basic and the ultimate version of Lumion 2.1. I'm a young architect and the difference of price is important for my wallet.  :-D

The ultimate version seems a bit too complete for my utilisation. I dont really need indoor models, Special FX, etc. I've tried lumion 1.0 with a friend and it seem enough for me. I use Archicad and work already in 3D.

I've analysed the lumion specifications page and i would like to know if these"effects" are available in the basic version or if these are only available with a plugin.

- Is it possible to place a light directly from lumion
- Is it possible to make a section plane (clip plane)

Lumion basic and Lumion ultimate is the same, can we do the same thing but the difference is "just" more models and more FX added in the library?

Best regards,
Benoit.

Re: Question about Lumion 2.1 "Basic"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:33:31 pm »
February 16, 2012, 02:33:31 pm
Hi Benoit,

- Is it possible to place a light directly from lumion
Yes, the IES lights are available in Lumion Basic.

- Is it possible to make a section plane (clip plane)
If you "only" have Lumion Basic, you would need to purchase the Animation plug-in to get access to the cross section functionality.

Lumion basic and Lumion ultimate is the same, can we do the same thing but the difference is "just" more models and more FX added in the library?
Lumion Ultimate contains a lot more models, 9 extra Movie effects, Ocean, Waterfall material, more animation options (such as the ability to import animations via FBX), animated cross sections, Sky Drop effect etc.

You basically just need to check the middle column for entries that say "Requires plug-in" to see what isn't included if you buy Lumion Basic:
http://lumion3d.com/specs

What I would suggest is to evaluate all the features in Lumion Free to find out if there's anything you'd miss if you bought Lumion Basic.

However, the most important thing is to test the ArchiCAD -> DWG -> Lumion pipeline. If you encounter any problems with this procedure, please post them in the Importing section of the forum, so that Arthur, our import/export guru, can help you out.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:47:00 pm »
February 16, 2012, 03:47:00 pm
@ Benoit.
You need to try the free version for a while...
then you'll decide what is worth for you to have...
 ;)

Member26865

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:20 pm »
February 16, 2012, 04:25:20 pm
Thanks for your answer.

I've already tried the free version, but some options are available in the free version and not in the basic. The section plane btw.

I've searched on the website but i did not found the information. What are the price of the plugin separatly?

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »
February 16, 2012, 05:14:41 pm
What are the price of the plugin separatly?

Each plug-in costs €150 (excluding VAT).

If you buy 5 plug-ins in total, your Lumion Basic license will automatically be upgraded to a Lumion Ultimate license.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Member26865

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:13:08 am »
February 17, 2012, 09:13:08 am
Thanks Morten for your help.

Member26865

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 01:19:37 pm »
February 21, 2012, 01:19:37 pm
We've just bought lumion at work (different username). Everything's work perfectly. Thanks a lot

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »
February 21, 2012, 01:57:41 pm
Good to hear that, Benoit :)

Let us know if you need any help.