This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Problem with far tree/grass and landscape can't be raised or lowered  (Read 5702 times)

Member10354

January 25, 2012, 07:07:59 pm
Hello, why do grass and some tree disapear when they are far from the camera. (far but still needs to be seen)

Also, why can't  landscape be raised or lowered on one of my scene

Thanks

Sacha

BMcIsaac

Re: Problem with far tree/grass and landscape can't be raised or lowered
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:32 pm »
January 25, 2012, 07:53:32 pm
Your model is probably covering two much ground for lumion....You can get to the outside of workable terrain.

Same with trees etc.... if you have a lot in the scene Lumion will hide the far ones to make it easier to render. You can try f11 to make them reappear or zoom back in.

They will show up in your shots and movies even thought they come and go while you are navigating in your model.

Member10354

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:05:28 pm »
January 25, 2012, 11:05:28 pm
K.O. so now that everything has been setup on my scene, how do i move everything (including my model, trees. etc) to a point that i can modify my landscape.

Sacha

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:42:30 am »
January 26, 2012, 11:42:30 am
Hi Sacha,

1) First you need to identify the 2048x2048m where the terrain can be modified. I assume that you have used a sample scene with a flat terrain to start with.

2) Then load a random texture with the Load terrain map function, so that the terrain is displaced (see the screenshot below). Now you know where to move your models to.

3) Click on the Undo button to revert to the flat terrain.

4) Select the Tree category, and use (CTRL) + Rectangular selection to select all trees & plants in your scene.

5) Select the next object category (eg, Transport), and use (CTRL) + (SHIFT) + Rectangular selection to add those objects to your selection.

6) Repeat this procedure with the other object categories, including the Import category.

7) Press (Shift) while moving the entire selection to the editable part of the terrain. (Shift) prevents the models from changing height while you move them.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Member10354

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:58:16 pm »
January 26, 2012, 06:58:16 pm
Thanks, already found "tricks and shortcuts"

Sacha