Author Topic: Nvidia 260 problem  (Read 1079 times)

newman

Nvidia 260 problem
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:34:47 am »
November 01, 2011, 08:34:47 am
(Moved to separate thread by Admin)

My card is GF 260GTX, but one time i had pink rendering too. I have  some textured planes flickering constantly, no importance how close to underlying plane that is located.
And most important problem is appearing objects on the first plane that normally hidden behind an obstacle - wall, ceiling e t.c. The farther away point of the camera, the more this effect becomes noticeable. Look at the columns in bottom of the picture that "grow" over platform.

Re: Nvidia 260 problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 01:36:26 pm »
November 01, 2011, 01:36:26 pm
Hi Newman, have you applied Lumion materials to the columns and/or the platforms?

If yes, can you check the Depth Offset slider values of the platform and the columns please? The purpose of this slider is to reduce flickering on objects that are very close to each other, for example road marking objects (stripes, zebra crossings etc) that are almost parallel with (and very close) to the road surface. The slider should never be adjusted more than necessary to get rid of flickering. If you use too extreme Depth Offset slider values objects will be rendered too far in front of other objects, just like on your attached rendering.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:58 pm »
November 01, 2011, 01:38:58 pm
About the flickering polygons you mentioned, please upload the Scene & Library files as well as the original files (eg, SketchUp files), so that we can take a look.

The files are located in Documents/Lumion/Scenes & Library.

newman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:01:03 pm »
November 02, 2011, 08:01:03 pm
Yes Morton, i changed materials and then i reduced slider of depth for minimum as i understood influence of that. Yesterday i returned original colour and artefact disappeared.
As for planes: As part of model i made three pictures on the wall putting jpeg textures on the rectangular planes the same way. Two of them are seen correct and third is flickering on video.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:40 am »
November 03, 2011, 09:35:40 am
As part of model i made three pictures on the wall putting jpeg textures on the rectangular planes the same way. Two of them are seen correct and third is flickering on video.

It sounds like the Depth Offset slider value of the 3rd picture needs to be adjusted - or did you already check this?