Author Topic: Mapping colors to walls I only want want that color.  (Read 330 times)

meeksapril

Mapping colors to walls I only want want that color.
« on: January 11, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »
January 11, 2017, 06:41:43 pm
I exported a house from Revit in this Lumion 5.3 demo. I click on an exterior wall and it highlights every single wall inside and out of the house. I have a house with multiple materials and I cannot individualize them in this free demo. Is the Lumion 7 like this too? Will I be able to map materials to each individual wall like you can do in Revit? Otherwise Lumion will not work for me.

Thanks

Re: Mapping colors to walls I only want want that color.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:56:45 pm »
January 11, 2017, 06:56:45 pm
Hi meeksapril, welcome to the Lumion Support Center! :)

I'm not totally sure if this is what you're talking about but the Revit to Lumion Bridge add-on will combine all surfaces that share the same material, so they become a single surface when imported in Lumion.

This is done to boost performance as many unique (editable) materials and objects will make a scene very slow to edit in Lumion. The only way to make it possible to assign a different material to a part of an imported surface is to assign a unique material to the surface in Revit before exporting the model to Lumion.

If this is what you meant, I'm sorry to hear that this sort of pipeline won't work for you. However, if you don't mind, I'll pass on your comment to the developers, so they can take it into account when considering how to improve Lumion in the future. :)

meeksapril

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »
January 11, 2017, 07:03:27 pm
thanks for the quick response,

I had a feeling I may have to alter some things in Revit before export. I have no problem with you sending this to the developers since it would be very helpful in the future for Revit exports. One less frustration except for now.

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »
January 11, 2017, 07:07:57 pm
I had a feeling I may have to alter some things in Revit before export. I have no problem with you sending this to the developers since it would be very helpful in the future for Revit exports.

(Good stuff, you're not the first to suggest it, and our import/export developer has been thinking about this option for a while)