October 14, 2011, 03:08:53 pm
The small circular buttons next to the various sliders mean that you can animate those sliders throughout a clip.
1) Select one of your clips.
2) Add an effect to that clip, eg, a Depth of Field effect.
3) Click on one of the small circular buttons, eg, Focus distance, to set a keyframe at the start of the clip. Then adjust the slider value.
4) Move the time slider to another position in the clip.
5) Click on the small circular button again, eg, Focus distance, to set another keyframe. Then adjust the slider value.
... and so on ...
Is this what you mean?