This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: color of cars  (Read 3202 times)

Member1017

color of cars
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:03:27 pm »
January 31, 2011, 07:03:27 pm
Hi Lumion team,

Can it be possible to add the range RGB color or colors that are more unsaturated than the primary colors (red / green / blue) available for cars.
 They are very toy looks, in reality few cars are often seen as colorful, please expand the range. Thank you very much.

color of cars
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:41 am »
February 01, 2011, 11:14:41 am
I totally agree, Nicolas.

On our internal developer site, I've also suggested that we should add a Country selection setting so that Lumion automatically picks colour distribution percentages based on regional averages. Check out the thumbnails at the bottom of this article to see the most popular colours in a number of countries and regions for 2010:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/07/worlds-most-popular-car-color-silver-under-threat-from-black/

Although people in most countries seem to prefer silver, black, grey and white cars there are some interesting cultural differences. Check out India for example where Brown/Beige is the third most popular choice :)

Anyway, the idea would then be to set up a database where each country has got colour distribution percentages based on the regional average, so that each new car you add to a scene will use a colour based on those percentages.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Member1766

color of cars
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:16:54 am »
February 01, 2011, 11:16:54 am
Morten said:

Anyway, the idea would then be to set up a database where each country has got colour distribution percentages based on the regional average, so that each new car you add to a scene will use a colour based on those percentages.

what????

Member1388

color of cars
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:20:43 am »
February 01, 2011, 11:20:43 am
Interestingly enough,  there seems to be more color selection if you place the same car multiple times.  For example, i select on of the sedans, click on the build window to place it repeatedly, and each (well almost each time) it places a random color...ones that are not available in the color selector.  If you are looking for more muted cars, i would suggest placing multiple cars until you get the tone you are looking for.  No w i realize for a large scene that is a pain, but on a large seen, the cars all blend anyway.

Member1017

color of cars
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:34:09 pm »
February 02, 2011, 02:34:09 pm
Thanks Morten.

Re: color of cars
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:50:06 pm »
June 09, 2011, 06:50:06 pm
With Service Pack 2, you can now use a colour picker to make the cars any colour you want (Modify object -> Options).
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.