June 08, 2012, 10:04:53 am
Seems the 260M is somewhat more than marginal.
The GTX260M has a benchmark of 705
compared to the minimum for simple scenes recommended of 1500
There are a few things that can help rendering such as:
1. turn on Low Memory mode
2. reduce screen resolution to minumum supported
3. only start render from a re-boot ie everything starts off min and clean
4. temporarily kill any taskbar apps not required
5. minimise your scene
6. reduce the number of effects and the quality level of effects, especially AA
7. ensure the resolution of the textures in the scene are as small as possible balanced to quality needed.
8. render only a clip at a time
9. render to the lowest possible output resolution and star quality as needed
10. set ambient shadow correction to 0.
Some of these help the GPU, others help the CPU for compression to the final mp4 format.