This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: anımatıon  (Read 3014 times)

Member2021

anımatıon
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »
July 11, 2011, 08:56:51 pm
The lumion program is not succesful on the anımatıon in the buildings. Is there any study on this subject

Re: anımatıon
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:01:09 am »
July 12, 2011, 10:01:09 am
Indoor lighting is planned for version 2.0

Member3408

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:00 pm »
July 12, 2011, 10:39:00 pm
hello,
my boss was actually planning to purchase lumion since last month...lack of indoor lighting was the reason that held him back from doing so...we're glad that it will be added in the next version.....is there a tentative date for the version 2.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:36:28 pm »
July 13, 2011, 02:36:28 pm
hello,
my boss was actually planning to purchase lumion since last month...lack of indoor lighting was the reason that held him back from doing so...we're glad that it will be added in the next version.....is there a tentative date for the version 2.

Near the end of this year. So that's november/december. No official date yet but that's the plan.

Member137

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:50 pm »
July 14, 2011, 10:06:50 pm
I was reading the first post in the thread and saw this.

•Animation Pack (Movie effects to trigger animations | Import options for animations | Possibly
support for advanced character animation

If this is true plus the indoor lighting in L2, I have a strong feeling that Lumion will start making a much larger impression on the CG community out side of the architecture field.

Member909

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:24:20 am »
July 15, 2011, 10:24:20 am
If character/object animation in general is planned and indoor lighting will be added you can easily do cinematics as well with it, or just quick and good quality visualization videos...
Instead of waiting for an  HD video rendered with 3ds/Maya/Softimage you simply export your scene, setup materials and you're done.

The main point is, if this engine will be like this in future release ( simply and fast to use, very strong features ) it will be easily a valid ( better? ) substitute of Mental Ray/Vray  :-D :-D

Member137

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:52:26 am »
July 16, 2011, 02:52:26 am
If character/object animation in general is planned and indoor lighting will be added you can easily do cinematics as well with it, or just quick and good quality visualization videos...
Instead of waiting for an  HD video rendered with 3ds/Maya/Softimage you simply export your scene, setup materials and you're done.

The main point is, if this engine will be like this in future release ( simply and fast to use, very strong features ) it will be easily a valid ( better? ) substitute of Mental Ray/Vray  :-D :-D

Well there is something that can do that now and it's free... but the pipeline to get stuff into is... less than friendly... a lot less. So if Act can do this, for Lumion it will be really amazing.

However, while I agree that the graphics are wonderful, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's better or as good as Mental or V-Ray. They use raytracing and actual AO which is a bit more accurate. Also they have a few other things (subsurface scattering and the like) that aren't yet here.

Now if Lumion 2 starts unlocking ALL the features of DirectX 11 (kind oflike Epic's Unreal engine) THEN we will be in a wonderful spot... all this being said, Lumion is developing nicely and  I have a feeling that Lumion is the base for Quest 3D version 5 which will be a full game engine.

All THAT being said, quality verses time say that Lumion clearly wins over the raytracing apps for speed and ease of use.