Author Topic: [Awaiting Reply] Corupted File - Lumion ver 6.5  (Read 69 times)

swaltenburg

[Awaiting Reply] Corupted File - Lumion ver 6.5
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:37:10 pm »
January 10, 2017, 06:37:10 pm
When I went to open my file this morning it came up with all these errors and would not open. I opened other files and they opened fine but for some reason this file will no longer open up correctly. What's even worse is that I actually saved a copy of the file to my server and it is even corrupt.

Is there a way of opening the .sva files or any others and changing it since it was saved at a later time than the previous or am I going to have to recreate my entire project?

Thanks for the help,
Scott
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:57:52 pm by peterm »

Re: Corupted File - Lumion ver 6.5
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:11:40 pm »
January 10, 2017, 07:11:40 pm
That sounds terrifying, Scott! :-[ (Welcome to the Lumion Support Center by the way - what a first post!)

Rather than spend time on troubleshooting etc, I suggest we skip to the chase and attempt to restore a previous version of the scene (even though it might mean that your latest work will be lost).

Did you save the project via the Save Scene tab or via the Save Scene and Models tab? The former means that the scenes files will be located in Documents/Lumion 6.5/Scenes and the later means that you would have picked a location when saving the scene in LS6 format.

If you've saved your scene on your local harddrive while working on this project (using either of those methods), it might be possible to restore an earlier version of it.

The million dollar question is if you know whether Windows is set to make Restore Points on your PC?

If so, you can in fact restore files that were saved at a previous Restore Point (the last few times you shut down Windows and restarted). Click here to see how.

It's not guaranteed to work but it's worth a try. It works on my PC, and I am able to recover several older versions of my scene files in Documents/Lumion (Version)/Scenes that way.

P.S. Please don't forget to register your license, so that we can move this thread to the full forum for commercial users (which is hidden until you register a license).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:54:56 pm by peterm »