This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Anyone using a Quadro K4000 card?  (Read 3553 times)

Member3667

Anyone using a Quadro K4000 card?
« on: November 24, 2014, 03:13:35 am »
November 24, 2014, 03:13:35 am
The subject says it all......is anyone using a Quadro K4000 card and, in which case, what sort of models are you managing to complete? I know it only receives give or take around 2800 benchmarking points (not the recommended 4000) but how limiting is it. Thx in advance.

Re: Anyone using a Quadro K4000 card?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:44 am »
November 25, 2014, 02:58:44 am
Hi delman

No responses, but I'm sure we have users out there with K4000's.  Perhaps ones that only visit the forum occasionally.

Can't help directly, but a few comments.

In comparison the K4000 is similar in Passmarks to the K5000M, so in our Benchmarks that would equate roughly to something like a GTX 560.  You can view the Lumion Benchmarks here: Guest Forum Users - Benchmark Results (v3.1.1+).  No K4000 in chart, so closest is the 4000 or K5000M.

As mentioned elsewhere, preference is for a general graphics card (GTX or Radeon) if possible.  Or maybe the option if need Quadro for CAD work, then a mix including a GTX assigned for Lumion.  Something like a GTX 970 lesser cost version is probably 2.5 times performance and capacity of the GTX 560 mentioned above. 

I have used a GTX 560 then GTX 660 and loaded some very heavy user scenes.  I think two cases, the modelling complexity (large number of highly detailed buildings, but only really needed the one), and details in scene were so large it would not load.  Other than that, things loaded, just got slow in Build Mode or much longer to render.

Noting also, that there are things that can be done to manage scenes that demand more of the hardware, or require longer times to render.  So it's not an open/shut case of xyz hardware only being able to handle a particular setup for a scene.

Added to that of course, find hardware that provides 'enough' spare capacity. 
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.